At first sight, glass surfaces may appear easy to maintain. Unlike other areas at your place, you would be involved in a window cleaning process only once in a while. Yet like any other chore, this one requires a certain level of knowledge and suitable tools. Having dust-free windows is essential for the well-kept presence of your home both inside and outside. Here are some simple to follow instructions for a window cleaning job precisely done.
- Choose a proper time – a cloudy day may not seem good for a walk in the park, but it is the perfect moment to wash the windows. Hot sun rays heat your windows, which makes the cleaning product dry out or vaporize faster. To avoid streaks on the windows, run the errand on a cool, shady day.
- Prepare your window cleaning kit – before starting with the job, you need to put together some window cleaning items. Glass surfaces require that you get a specific glass cleaning product. Your options here vary a lot since the market offers a great diversity of solutions. You can also prepare a homemade cleanser just by mixing vinegar and water. As you have already decided on detergent, you should use a clean microfiber cloth or paper towels. Both methods guarantee shiny streak-free windows. The squeegee approach is rather controversial since some experts believe that the job may be done way too messy. So if you are a window cleaning newbie, maybe you should skip using a squeegee.
- Make the surfaces ready for wiping – you are well-familiar with removing dust since this is among your most regular assignments at home. It is not simply about the floors, windows need some dust cleaning as well. Otherwise, these tiny particles will turn into a mess when sprayed on with a window cleaning solution. In fact, removing dust from the window is probably the most crucial moment and it is a step you should never skip. How to complete the task depends on the type of windows you have and how dirty they are. In some cases, simple vacuuming will be enough, while in others you may need to clean the window frames with a damp cloth and then let them dry. In more severe situations, when frames are filthy, it is wise to take them off and wash them with hot water first. Of course, you should be very careful not to damage the frame during the process.
- Plan the operation – even if you have too many glass surfaces at home, you have to take proper care of them once or twice a year. So divide the process by rooms. The best way to clean the windows is, to begin with, the top ones. It is not OK to start the other way around, because dirt will flow down and splash the bottom windows. If you have windows that are hard to reach, don’t forget to get equipped with a ladder.
- It’s time for the actual cleaning – it may seem that you are done with the hard part, but you are only a step away from spotless windows. Start spraying the surfaces with powerful cleanser and be lavish. Some spots are tough and they may need more than one spritz. First, apply the detergent at the top of the window and then move down. Wipe gently and be alert not to leave streaks.
Providing glossy windows is not as tedious as it looks. For sure it is a task you don’t long for completing. Even so, relying on an effective detergent and a wise plan of action truly facilitates the process.
© London Domestic Cleaners